UPWARD Studios is lead by Robert Upward, a multi award winning and multi award nominated professional composer, producer, songwriter and recording artist. He has received awards and nominations from both AACTA and APRA and is signed with Mushroom Publishing. Robert’s expertise and respected position in the industry is reflected in his continuing role as juror for the AACTA Awards and Tropscore, as well as supporting APRA in an advisory role. Robert’s expertise is wide ranging, from music for film, television and advertising, to writing and producing songs in a variety of genres that have been commercial hits both nationally and internationally for a number of artists. UPWARD Studios provide a full range of services to meet your musical needs.
Songwriting, Recording & ProducingHighlights from Robert’s successes in this field include:
- Top Ten position in the Australian Charts for Dance pop act emaar who have had numerous commercial releases and extensive radio airplay. A finalist in the dance/electronica category of the 8th Annual Independent Music Awards in the US and semifinalist in the 2014 International Song Competition.
- Extensive national Radio airplay with numerous artists
- US college Radio top 30 with Shelley Segal
- Written/ produced over forty commercial releases, including tracks on Gods Kitchen and Ministry of Sound
- Written and produced for artists for The Voice and X-Factor
- Songs from UPWARD Studios have been featured in film and
- television, including the popular Home and Away and Neighbours
APRA/AGSC Screen Music Awards, Best Music in a Documentary – Nominee, Docklands, Network 7
AFI/AACTA Awards, Best Documentary Series – Nominee, Immigration Nation SBSADVERTISING
Golden Stylus Awards, Best Sound in Advertising – Grand Prix
MADC Awards, Sound Engineering
Australian Writers and Art Directors Awards, Best Sound Design – Four time Winner
International Song Competition – Semi-Finalist
8th Annual Independent Music Awards, Best Dance/Electronica – Finalist, StaySONGWRITING & PRODUCING
- Commercial and radio success
- Synching to film and television
Nominee for Best Music for and Advertisement – nominee.
Film & TelevisionFeature Films
- Fatal Honeymoon | Australian produced, international feature drama directed by Nadia Tass starring Harvey Keitel. Screened on Network Seven and Lifetime channel in United States.
- Centre Place | International feature romantic comedy starring Sullivan Stapleton and John Waters. Screened in Europe/ US/Australia and across international in- flight entertainment.
- Molly Meldrumn, The real Thing | Documentary aired Seven Network
- Immigration Nation | AACTA nominated documentary aired on SBS network.
- Our Little Secret | documentary, aired ABC.
- Cactus Garden | Young adult television show aired on Network Ten.
- Docklands | Documentary about growth and development of Docklands area, for the Seven Network. Robert received an APRA nomination for the score.
- Out & About | Lifestyle television show, which aired on the Foxtel network in UK and on MTV United States.
Music for Advertising
UPWARD Studios are specialists in music for advertising, and have worked with some of the biggest global brands. Credits include:
- Vic Roads
- James Boags
- Australian Film Institute Awards
- AACTA Awards
- L’Oreal Paris
- Swisse Vitamins
- Country Racing Victoria
- Forty Winks
- Red Rooster
- Herald Sun & HIA Homeshows
- City of Melbourne
In the media
“One of the true high points is the musical score. I could listen...over and over again” Rogue Cinema on Centre Place;
“Superb Score” The Weekend Australian (Graeme Blundell) on Immigration Nation.
View the Robert Upward Pty Ltd Direct Licensing Policy
Robert Upward Pty Ltd
Telephone +61 3 9681 6064
Address: 439 City Road, South Melbourne, Victoria,